Chrystal H. Stowe, CCA
Director of Business Development and Community Affairs
Smoot Construction Company of Washington D.C.
Chrystal Stowe manages business development for Smoot Construction Company of Washington DC, a successful construction company in the highly competitive National capital region. She is responsible also for developing and implementing community initiatives such as training and employment opportunities for local residents and contracting opportunities for small and disadvantaged businesses. A certified compliance administrator, Chrystal has an outstanding record of accomplishments with achieving and/or exceeding participation goals on complex, large scale and fast-track construction and development projects. In recognition of these efforts, Chrystal is a highly regarded subject matter expert on minority business and local hiring initiatives for federal, state and local agencies and organizations. Chrystal has twenty-five years of experience in the construction industry and this former TV news anchor has fifteen years of media, public relations and community affairs experience.
NC State University, Raleigh NC
University of South Carolina, Columbia SC
- Contract Compliance Administrator (CCA)
- American Contract Compliance Association
- National Forum on Diversity in Construction
- Building Industry Association DC Chapter
- Associated General Contractors of DC
- Professional Women in Construction
- African American Real Estate Professionals
- Society of Marketing Professionals DC Chapter
- Capital Region Minority Supplier Development Council
- Women Construction Owners and Executives
- 2015 Minority Owned Prime Contractor of the Year Award from Maryland Washington Minority Companies Association
- 2008 Outstanding Service Award by the DC Department of Small and Local Business Development
- 2006 Minority Business Advocate of the Year by the Washington DC Minority Business Enterprise Center
Frequent speaker, panelist or trainer on topics such as Opportunities for Women in Non-Traditional Occupations, Building Capacity in the Minority Business Community, Achieving Diversity in the Construction Industry, Crisis Communication, Media Relations, and many others.