As Managing Principal of Dantes Partners, Mr. Binitie directs the acquisition, development, management and financial activities of the firm. Mr. Binitie has an extensive tax credit financing experience (LIHTC, NMTC and HTC) and has closed on financing from nearly every public capital source available including HOME, HPTF, NSP, CDBG and NIF. Mr. Binitie maintains a narrow focus on creatively structuring deals that strive to address the needs of his clients, community stakeholders as well as various government agency partners. By narrowly focusing on efficiently financing community development transactions, Mr. Binitie has been successful in adding value beyond the numbers.
Mr. Binitie’s career is underscored by a commitment to creating and preserving affordable and workforce housing. To this end, Since founding Dantes Partners, Mr. Binitie and his team have closed over $400 million of unconventional real estate transactions that utilize low‐income tax credits, new market tax credits, tax‐exempt bonds and a various other forms of alternative financing. These efforts have led to the creation of over 1200 units of workforce and affordable housing. Mr. Binitie speaks regularly at industry focused events. Recent engagements include sessions with The Minority Resource, African‐American Real Estate Professionals, Bisnow, DC Building Industry Association, Georgetown University, University of Maryland – Colvin Institute of Real Estate Development and the Howard University Real Estate Club. Mr. Binitie is currently the Chair of the DC Housing Finance Agency and a Board Member for the DC Building Industry Association (DCBIA). His firm Dantes Partners, currently has $450M consisting of approximately 1300 units in the pipeline.
• Phyllis Wheatley YWCA, Washington, DC
• 770 C Street, Washington, DC
• West End (Square 50), Washington, DC
• Girard Street Apartments, Washington, DC
• CityMarket at O Street, Washington, DC
• Justice Park Apartments, Washington, DC
EDUCATION AND AWARDS
• B.S., New York University
• M.S., Real Estate Development, Johns Hopkins University
• Leadership Greater Washington Class of 2016
• 2015 Washington Business Journal Minority Business Leaders Awardee
• 2010 African American Real Estate Professionals’ Economic Development Awardee
• Alumnus, Urban Land Institute’s Real Estate Apprenticeship Program