Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: 1410849 | Amazon.com Services LLC
On January 6, 2021 Amazon announced the Housing Equity Fund, a more than $2 billion commitment to preserve and create over 20,000 affordable housing units in Washington State’s Puget Sound region; Arlington, Virginia; and Nashville, Tennessee—three communities where the company has or expects to have at least 5,000 employees each in the coming years. Amazon’s Housing Equity Fund will help preserve existing housing and help create inclusive housing developments through below-market loans and grants to housing partners, traditional and non-traditional public agencies, and minority-led organizations.
The Amazon in the Community (AITC) team seeks an experienced team member to help support Amazon’s new Housing Equity Fund and related community development investments for the Company in the AITC global team. AITC is seeking a seasoned professional to refine the Housing Equity Fund policy and programmatic approach and leverage market data to inform and drive program decisions. This person will be responsible for leading coordination with the public policy, PR, marketing teams to ensure coordination and support for programmatic efforts, outreach and support. This individual will also be responsible for understanding and monitoring market research on current housing gaps as well as future impact of Amazon’s growth on the market to guide prioritization and expectations of impact.
This opportunity requires sophisticated policy and data experience, excellent project management skills, the ability to navigate ambiguous environments, dive into details and see the big picture. The person hired will also determine how to effectively measure success using traditional and non-traditional metrics. Candidates must have a proven experience in real estate and/or affordable housing and a clear track record of defining and moving programs from concept to completion. Given the start-up nature of this team, candidates must be builders and no task can be beneath them.
This position reports to the Head of Community Development, Amazon in the Community. The person hired will be based in Arlington, VA and will travel regularly – primarily within the United States.
· Build a template score card to systematically review opportunities and compare them to community needs and biggest return on investment (number of units, efficiency of dollars, community impact).
· Support finance reviews, with market data/ real-estate trends.
· Track market data, program impact and market insights on a quarterly basis.
· Coordinate and support policy efforts related directly and indirectly to the Fund.
· Professionally communicate and present to key decision makers and leaders.
· Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans with your stakeholders.
· Communicate program objectives and goals externally and internally via effective written and communication and public speaking.
· 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· 7+ years of experience structuring and executing on housing and community development initiatives
· 10+ years’ relevant work experience such as housing policy, community development, or economic development.
· Demonstrated knowledge of community development and affordable housing policy
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvement
· Experience crafting policy and working with policymakers.
· Master’s Degree in related field.
· Track record of creating and scaling programs.
· Demonstrated ability to self-direct and prioritize constantly evolving workload.
· Demonstrated ability to drive consensus and who can articulate program recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives.
· Microsoft Excel skills including financial modeling and data analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.