Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: 1410848 | Amazon.com Services LLC
On January 6, 2021 Amazon announced the Housing Equity Fund, a more than $2 billion commitment to preserve and create over 20,000 affordable housing units in Washington State’s Puget Sound region; Arlington, Virginia; and Nashville, Tennessee—three communities where the company has or expects to have at least 5,000 employees each in the coming years. Amazon’s Housing Equity Fund will help preserve existing housing and help create inclusive housing developments through below-market loans and grants to housing partners, traditional and non-traditional public agencies, and minority-led organizations.
The Amazon in the Community (AITC) team seeks an experienced team member to help support Amazon’s new Housing Equity Fund and related community development initiatives for the Company in the AITC global team. AITC is seeking a seasoned housing and real estate professional to help refine the Housing Equity Fund financial products and program structure. This person will be responsible for helping to develop a full portfolio of investments, taking each investment from concept to full execution in partnership with the various finance, legal and real estate teams. This person must be able to take multiple projects from initial financial/due diligence review to investment completion.
This opportunity requires excellent project management skills, the ability to navigate ambiguous environments, dive into details and see the big picture. Candidates must have a proven experience in real estate and/or affordable housing and a clear track record of defining and moving projects from concept to completion and experience with piloting ideas and scaling what works. Given the start-up nature of this team, candidates must be builders and no task can be beneath them.
This position reports to the Head of Community Development, Amazon in the Community. The person hired will be based in Arlington, VA and will travel regularly – primarily within the United States.
· Proactively manage the Housing Equity Fund portfolio, taking each deal from intake, through internal review and to completion.
· Develop a simplified intake process that allows mission-driven project sponsors to easily engage with the Fund.
· Ensure that operational and procedural elements needed to support the implementation of the Fund are complement to allow for team to professionally communicate and present to key decision makers and leaders.
· Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
· Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans with key stakeholders.
· Communicate program objectives and goals externally and internally via effective written and communication and public speaking.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 10+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· 6+ years of experience managing teams
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· 10+ years’ relevant work experience such as housing, real estate development, banking/finance, urban planning, community development, or economic development.
· 10+ years of experience in program or project management
· Experience with complex real estate, community development and affordable housing deals
· Demonstrated knowledge of real estate finance, community and economic development, and affordable housing.
· Experience crafting policy and working with policymakers.
· Master’s Degree in related field.
· Track record of creating and scaling programs.
· Demonstrated ability to self-direct and prioritize constantly evolving workload.
· Demonstrated ability to drive consensus and who can articulate program recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives.
· Microsoft Excel skills including financial modeling and data analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.