Website Dantes Partners
Position: Property Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Location: Washington, DC
ABOUT DANTES PARTNERS:
Dantes Partners, a subsidiary of Dumas Collective, is a first-class affordable and workforce housing development, acquisition, management, and financing company with offices in Washington, DC. Maryland, New York, and Virginia. Established in 2006, Dantes Partners is a Black owned business with a mission to develop Luxury Affordable Housing™ and community-focused real estate initiatives across the Mid-Atlantic region. Dantes Partners’ growing portfolio entails nearly 7,000 units that have been financed, developed, and acquired with an estimated financing and investment value of 1.9 billion dollars. Simultaneously, Dantes Partners leverages its extensive expertise in the field of real estate development, acquisition, management, and financing of company-owned portfolios and provides exclusive consulting services in public-private deal structuring and negotiations. Furthermore, Dantes Partners also offers consulting in pre-development planning and oversight, market research and analysis, debt or equity underwriting, project and asset management, community outreach, as well as portfolio due diligence. In 2022, The District of Columbia Building Industry Association named Dantes Partners Developer of the Year.
The Property Accountant will be primarily responsible for assisting the Controller with ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting for Dantes Partners, its affiliates and communities managed by its affiliates.
- Perform daily activities such as receive checks, post receipts and prepare deposits
- Record and process accounts payable invoices
- Reconcile, verify and validate all entries and postings to balance sheet and income statement accounts;
validate accuracy of general ledger
- Prepare and analyze the financial statements, general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers for monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting to internal and external parties by established deadlines
- Assist with the preparation of annual operating budgets
- Prepare contribution and distribution calculations, management fees, and reimbursements as needed
- Coordinate and provide financial records to external accountants for year-end reporting, including annual financial statement audits, tax preparation
- Assist management with special projects and other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong understanding and application of accounting concepts and principles
- 2-5 years’ experience in Real Estate/Property Management accounting, preferably in multifamily residential real estate
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience in Yardi or comparable software
- Operate standard office equipment
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Proactive and extremely responsive
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Personable with a good sense of humor
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Understanding of property management in relation to financial accounting, budgeting and forecasting
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, philosophy and vision of Dantes Partners and community development work
- Energy and commitment to work in an entrepreneurial environment with the ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of people and organizations
- Ability to work under pressure, in a time sensitive environment, delivering timely and accurate work
- Ability to write clearly and informatively and present numerical data effectively
- Productive, self-motivated attitude, demonstrates initiative and suggests process improvements
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met to successfully complete the essential functions of the job)
- While largely sedentary, this position requires the ability to sit, stand, and lift up to 20 lbs., speak, and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to use a computer and office equipment traditionally found in office settings.
- Requires the periodic ability to travel regionally, on behalf of the company.
Dantes Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, please visit: www.dantespartners.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org