Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: 1403453 | Amazon.com Services LLC
On January 6, 2021 Amazon announced the Housing Equity Fund, a more than $2 billion commitment to preserve and create over 20,000 affordable housing units in Washington State’s Puget Sound region; Arlington, Virginia; and Nashville, Tennessee—three communities where the company has or expects to have at least 5,000 employees each in the coming years. Amazon’s Housing Equity Fund will help preserve existing housing and help create inclusive housing developments through below-market loans and grants to housing partners, traditional and non-traditional public agencies, and minority-led organizations.
The Amazon in the Community (AITC) team seeks an experienced team member to help support Amazon’s new Housing Equity Fund and related investments for the Company in the AITC global team. AITC is seeking a professional to support the program development through access to local market data and be able to analyze, research, and compile housing data in priority regions. This individual will lead program coordination for affordable housing initiatives, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
This opportunity requires excellent data collection and analytical skills, project management skills, the ability to navigate ambiguous environments, dive into details and see the big picture. The person hired will be responsible for monitoring and tracking all programs, and ensure release of timely reports. Candidates must have a proven experience in community development and/or housing and a clear track record of defining and moving projects from concept to completion. Given the start-up nature of this team, candidates must be builders and no task can be beneath them.
This position reports to the Head of Community Development, Amazon in the Community.
· Lead data collection efforts and data analysis needed for the Housing Equity Fund using both internal and external sources
· Develop written recommendations on program and policy strategies to address affordability challenges in target jurisdictions based on data collected
· Lead efforts to support policy and advocacy positions need to support the Fund
· Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual impact reports required by AITC, including internal and external partner updates
· Develop regular updates to distribute impact reports to key stakeholders (both internal and external)
· Support the development of a program tracker for both housing and homeless initiatives
· 4+ years of experience structuring and executing on housing and community development initiatives
· 4+ years of experience in program or project management
· 4+ years of experience managing teams
· 4+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· 4+ years’ relevant work experience such as real estate development, banking/finance, urban planning, community development, or economic development.
· 4+ years’ experience in program/project management.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, legal, planning, finance or relevant field of study
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· Demonstrated knowledge of real estate finance, low-income housing development, economic development, and workforce development and/or property/asset management.
· Experience crafting policy and working with policymakers.
· Experience serving as spokesperson and interviewing with media.
· Track record of creating and scaling programs.
· Demonstrated ability to self-direct and prioritize constantly evolving workload.
· Demonstrated ability to drive consensus and who can articulate program recommendations and trade-offs to senior executives.
· Microsoft Excel skills including financial modeling and data analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.