Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: 1410850 | Amazon.com Services LLC
On January 6, 2021 Amazon announced the Housing Equity Fund, a more than $2 billion commitment to preserve and create over 20,000 affordable housing units in Washington State’s Puget Sound region; Arlington, Virginia; and Nashville, Tennessee—three communities where the company has or expects to have at least 5,000 employees each in the coming years. Amazon’s Housing Equity Fund will help preserve existing housing and help create inclusive housing developments through below-market loans and grants to housing partners, traditional and non-traditional public agencies, and minority-led organizations.
The Amazon in the Community (AITC) team seeks an experienced team member to help support Amazon’s new Housing Equity Fund and related investments for the Company in the AITC global team. AITC is seeking a professional to support the operations of the Housing Equity Fund.
This opportunity requires excellent communication and project management skills, the ability to navigate ambiguous environments, dive into details and see the big picture. Given the start-up nature of this team, candidates must be builders and no task can be beneath them.
This position reports to the Head of Community Development, Amazon in the Community.
· Lead program operations for the Housing Equity Fund, including developing internal systems needed to support the program
· Develop, maintain and monitor database with proposals and program information
· Develop internal stakeholder tracking system to support the program coordination
· Coordinate regular meetings needed with stakeholders, including meeting agendas and report outs
· Develop and issue program updates for key stakeholders, including monthly, quarterly and annual updates
· Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans with key stakeholders.
· Communicate program objectives and goals externally and internally via effective written and communication and public speaking.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, legal, planning, finance or relevant field of study
· 4+ years of experience in program or project management
· 4+ years of experience managing teams
· 4+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· 4+ years’ experience in program/project management.
· Demonstrated knowledge of housing and community development.
· Demonstrated ability to self-direct and prioritize constantly evolving workload.
· Microsoft excel and word skills, along with experience with electronic project management tools
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.