Website Dantes Partners
Growing District of Columbia-based company with a focus on the use of creative financing tools to create best-in-class affordable housing and community-based facilities seeks a Development Manager to function as the “project CEO” for development and consulting pipeline.
ABOUT DANTES PARTNERS:
Dantes Partners (DP) plans, finances and builds affordable housing and livable neighborhoods by arranging necessary public and private resources and by working with community leaders to structure the organizational, civic and financial support required to make projects successful. DP also provides consulting services for both for profit and non-profit organizations involved in the creation and preservation of affordable housing as well as community and economic development. Since its founding in 2006, Dantes Partners has closed on approximately $400M in complex financing that produced nearly 1,200 units of affordable/workforce housing.
The Development Manager will be primarily responsible for leading all aspects of planning, financing and implementation of several developments in the Washington DC area. The projects range from pure financing consulting to developing and managing multi-family deals. The work will also include
oversight of predevelopment services and all other projects that are assigned to the incumbent, coordination of design efforts, liaising with clients and government agencies and communicating with stakeholders. In addition, the Development Manager will assist in securing funding for projects, which
would include preparing funding applications and working with potential lenders to secure loans or other financing as may be appropriate. The Development Manager will also be required to actively engage in business development efforts.
The Development Manager will be responsible for meeting all reporting requirements by funders. The Development Manager will also support the team in developing and implementing appropriate supportive services. Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing analytical support with minimal supervision while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of financial data used to make critical financing and investment decisions
- Overseeing all necessary predevelopment work including surveys, appraisals, title work, environmental, etc.
- Coordinating and overseeing the work of project teams, which may comprise architects, urban planners, engineers, contractors, attorneys, lenders, investors, property managers etc.
- Managing the planning, design, bid/award, and construction process to ensure that projects conform to quality standards, and are on time, and within budget
- Ensuring compliance with all funding requirements as applicable including but not limited to CBE, Section 3, First Source, etc.
- Responding to Request for Proposals for development projects
- Building and maintaining property cash flows and operations in Excel
- Using online databases and various market data to provide relevant market information
- Underwriting valuations and the impact of financing on commercial real estate
- Prepare financing memoranda that include business plans, graphics, market information, and financial information
- Assisting with any community, resident or management issues
- Managing multiple tasks on a daily basis and deliver under tight deadlines in a demanding work environment
- Collecting and distributing due diligence materials for loan closing
- Various ad hoc assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance related field with three (3) or more years of work experience in the field of housing and/or community development OR a Graduate Degree with at .least two years of work experience in a field related to real estate development and/or construction
- Experience in real estate development, acquiring land, and managing design and construction of affordable housing
- Excellent written and verbal communications are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook
SUCCESFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Proactive and extremely responsive
- Personable with a good sense of humor
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Broad-based understanding of project management with strong planning and a “detail oriented” focus
- Experience with funding programs for subsidized housing
- Experience with working with City, State, and Federal Agencies in connection with real estate development
- Understanding of fundamental real estate terminology
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, philosophy and vision of Dantes Partners and community development work
- Energy and commitment to work in an entrepreneurial environment with the ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range people and organizations
- Ability to clearly, concisely write a business plan
- Ability to work under pressure, in a time sensitive environment, delivering timely and accurate work
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot complex financial models
- Ability to create new complex models
- Ability to write clearly and informatively and present numerical data effectively
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met to successfully complete the essential
functions of the job)
- While largely sedentary, this position requires the ability to sit, stand, and lift up to 20 lbs., speak, and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to use a computer and office equipment traditionally found in office settings.
- Requires the periodic ability to travel regionally, on behalf of the company.
Interested parties should forward a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Dantes Partners – Development Manager”.
Dantes Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com