Website Amalgamated Bank
Position Title: CRE Relationship Manager
Department: CRE Lending
Reports To: Mid-Atlantic Team Leader, CRE
Job Code: 00902
EEO Classification: 2-Prof
Date: February 2022
Purpose of Position:
To develop, grow and manage a portfolio of commercial real estate customer relationships. Direct,
administer and coordinate loan origination, management, and marketing efforts of customer accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of commercial real estate loans and depository relationships.
- Identify potential lending opportunities and cross-sell Bank products including significant prospect
calling to solicit new customers.
- Underwrite individually and/or with dedicated Underwriter/Analyst new lending transaction
proposals, including all required financial and customer analysis.
- Prepare transaction proposals for approval and present to the appropriate approval authorities
per the Credit Policy.
- Coordinate all credit functions (Deal Screens, Term Sheets, CAM’s, etc.) with CRE and Credit
Risk Management department.
- Negotiate with borrowers, complete loan documentation and bring about successful loan closings.
- Work with both Bank internal and external legal counsel on new transaction documents as well as
periodic deal amendments.
- Manage a portfolio of account relationships to profitability.
- Document all communication with borrower and maintain all correspondence in the Bank’s credit
- Represent the Bank at industry conventions and customer sponsored events to promote the
- Perform other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in commercial real estate lending/management
- Core competency in all compliance/Patriot Act provisions
- In-depth knowledge of commercial credit analysis, loan underwriting and account analysis
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Formal Bank Credit Training preferred
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com