Website Dantes Partners
Position: Construction Manager
Reports to: Director of Construction
Location: Washington, DC
ABOUT DANTES PARTNERS:
Dantes Partners is the development division of Dumas Collective founded in 2006. Dantes Partners is a Minority-Owned, Resident Owned, Certified Business Enterprise headquartered in the District of Columbia. The Organization was founded with a mission to facilitate and enhance local urban economic development by designing and structuring innovative funding and financing solutions for affordable, workforce, and mixed-income housing and community-based real estate initiatives. The firm has advanced that mission through a focus on luxury affordable housing® as an anchor for strong residential communities throughout the Mid Atlantic. In addition, the firm provides consulting services in the areas of public/private deal structuring and negotiations; predevelopment planning and oversight; community outreach; market analysis; project and asset management; debt/equity underwriting; and portfolio due diligence. As developers, Dantes Partners‘ portfolio includes nearly 7,000 units of affordable and workforce housing, with over 1.95 Billion dollars in delivered and upcoming projects. In 2022, the District of Columbia Building Industry Association named the firm Developer of the Year.
The Construction Manager will have responsibility of acting as the Owner’s Representative overseeing and monitoring project activities to ensure that projects are completed within prescribed schedules and budgets, in compliance with Dantes Partners’, and Dumas Collective’s acquisition division Dantes Community Partners’ policies and procedures, and in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Generally, the Construction Manager coordinates the pre-construction and construction efforts of large and/or complex real estate development and community redevelopment projects. The Construction Manger provides leadership over site project management function and the procurement of necessary approvals for construction by managing and coordinating the third-party general contractor(s) and design teams.
Must work cooperatively with internal team members and external vendor representatives to form and maintain a cohesive and driven project team
The Construction Manager will be responsible for securing necessary approvals/permits during the pre-construction phase and overseeing the construction phase. Additional responsibilities include:
• Construction Manager must understand estimating, purchasing and have strategic project management skills to ensure project is successful and stays on time and within budget.
• Assist in the preparation and analysis of construction cost estimates and documentation for project funding authorization.
• Develops scopes of work, prepares budgets in addition to soliciting bids and proposals from qualified contractors and design team members.
• Participate in or oversee the pre-qualification and bid evaluation process for consultants, contractors, and other outside vendors and selects vendors. Review and analyze bids; ensure budget and schedule compliance on all work.
• Construction Manager should have knowledge and experience with renovation and rehabilitation of apartment complexes.
• Is responsible for interfacing with appropriate levels of management to obtain funding approval. Explanation and presentation of project scope and the associated costs as required is part of this process.
• Monitors progress, provides financial control and ensures quality of project.
• Manage the project team including architects, engineers, construction managers and administrative support.
• Develop schedules and budgets for assigned projects.
• Identify and evaluates alternative solutions to best meet program goals. Recommends, if appropriate, construction techniques to expedite the project.
• Provides technical analysis, cost analysis support, and reviews requests for changes submitted by the construction contractor. Manages the activities associated with the changes to the construction contractor’s work (request for change, change notices, change orders, contract modifications, etc.)
• Evaluates specifications to plan procedures, starting and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
• Oversees contractor safety program, reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
• In certain circumstances, the Construction Manager will be responsible for managing special studies, initiatives or due diligence assignments.
• Interacts with governmental branches and regulatory agencies as required to ensure that projects comply with all applicable legal requirements and regulations.
• Makes presentations to management.
• Supervises the procurement of any and all permits (including occupancy permits) needed to perform construction.
• Various ad hoc assignments as directed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field with four (4) or more years of work experience overseeing renovation and new construction projects.
• Successful track record in delivering multi-family buildings on-time and on-budget.
• Excellent written and verbal communications are required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
• An entrepreneurial spirit;
• Proactive and extremely responsive;
• Personable with a good sense of humor
• Broad-based understanding of project management with strong planning and a “detail oriented” focus
• Experience with funding programs for subsidized housing
• Experience with working with City, State, and Federal Agencies in connection with real estate development
• Understanding of fundamental real estate, design and construction terminology
• Demonstrated commitment to the mission, philosophy and vision of Dantes Partners and community development work
• Energy and commitment to work in an entrepreneurial environment with the ability to prioritize responsibilities
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of people and organizations
• Ability to clearly, concisely write a business plan
• Ability to work under pressure, in a time sensitive environment, delivering timely and accurate work
• Ability to write clearly and informatively and present numerical data effectively
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met to successfully complete the essential functions of the job)
• While largely sedentary, this position requires the ability to sit, stand, and lift up to 20 lbs., speak, and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to use a computer and office equipment traditionally found in office settings.
• Requires the periodic ability to travel regionally, on behalf of the company.
Dantes Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com