Website JBG SMITH
This position qualifies for a sign on bonus of $2,500! Please speak with a recruiter for more information.
WHO WE ARE
JBG SMITH owns, operates, invests in, and develops a dynamic portfolio of high-growth mixed-use properties in and around Washington, DC. Our creativity and scale enable us to be more than owners—we are placemakers who shape inspiring and engaging places, which we believe create value and have a positive impact in every community we touch.
JBG SMITH has been named multiple times as one of the Washington Post’s Top Workplaces in the region and we pride ourselves in both our outstanding work environments and opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Set the tone and lead and inspire high-performance teams to excel in leasing, maintenance, and financial performance by focusing on service. Driven by a desire to deliver service excellence, naturally excel at motivating employees to anticipate resident and prospective resident needs and provide superior service to ensure that we deliver the best in apartment living.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build a strong and cohesive team that is motivated to perform including hiring, training, and supervising either directly or indirectly all onsite community staff.
- Provide team members guidance on expectations that helps them understand how their role and performance contributes to both the team and the company’s performance.
- Demonstrate a passion for service excellence that inspires team members to provide service and care that distinguishes JBG SMITH from the competition.
- Empower team members to resolve service issues and work quickly, creatively, and effectively with residents to address concerns.
- Network among residents to build relationships and connect them as supportive neighbors to create a culture where they belong and contribute.
- Actively engage residents to curate moments when they assume leadership in community life, solve problems, and support other residents.
- Help plan and implement community building activities and social events to bring residents together around shared concerns and interests, and create a sense of belonging, agency, and mutual support.
- Intentionally build and utilize resident relationships to respond to requests in a timely manner and drive resident satisfaction to increase sense of community.
- Oversee onsite leasing to ensure that the community maintains targeted occupancy goals.
- Drive financial performance in-line with the annual budget and reporting monthly results.
- Routinely inspect the community to ensure that the highest standards are maintained.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED (REQUIREMENTS)
- Five years of experience in residential property management or customer service-related fields such as hospitality, retail, and restaurants and the highest standards of integrity, creativity, and teamwork.
- Experience managing properties in the Affordable Housing space is preferred.
- Prior leadership and supervisory experience and a track record of leading high-performing teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in managing budgets and driving financial performance.
- Strong aptitude for computer systems and software.
- Ability to build relationships with people from different socio-economic backgrounds and work on multicultural teams.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for community building and racial equity.
- Passion for providing exceptional customer experiences and embodying our core customer service elements of:
- CARING – Demonstrated passion for caring about customers and co-workers alike.
- PROFESSIONALISM – Professional presentation and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- EMPOWERMENT – Proactive approach with a proven capability to take ownership of customer concerns.
- LEADERSHIP – Dependability as a team member who inspires others to achieve excellence.
- INCLUSION – Commitment to inclusion and treating everyone with kindness, dignity, and respect.
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
For a complete benefits overview, please visit the benefits section of our careers page. In addition to providing employees with a great place to work, we offer a 20% housing discount at select JBG SMITH communities.
As a condition of employment, all external candidates must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated from COVID-19 as of your first day of employment, unless a request for an accommodation had been approved. Fully vaccinated means two weeks has passed since the last dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose shot.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers-jbgsmith.icims.com.